Spellenvariant.nl maakt gebruik van cookies om de website correct te laten functioneren, voor analysedoeleinden en om u te voorzien toepasselijke advertenties. Door gebruik te blijven maken van onze website ga je akkoord met het plaatsen van cookies. Voor meer informatie zie onze privacy verklaring.
Here I Stand (500th Anniversary Reprint Edition)
- Aantal spelers
- 2 tot 6 spelers
- 180 tot 360 minuten
- Zware kost
- Campaign / Battle Card Driven, Dice Rolling, Hand Management, Point to Point Movement, Variable Player Powers
Here I Stand: Wars of the Reformation 1517-1555 is the first game in over 25 years to cover the political and religious conflicts of early 16th Century Europe. Few realize that the greatest feats of Martin Luther, Jean Calvin, Ignatius Loyola, Henry VIII, Charles V, Francis I, Suleiman the Magnificent, Ferdinand Magellan, Hernando Cortes, and Nicolaus Copernicus all fall within this narrow 40-year period of history. This game covers all the action of the period using a unique card-driven game system that models both the political and religious conflicts of the period on a single point-to-point map.
There are six main powers in the game, each with a unique path to victory.
Here I Stand was due for a reprint in 2017, but with October 31, 2017 being the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther's posting of his 95 Theses, Ed Beach and his team of Here I Stand enthusiasts have put together a series of enhancements to the original game that transform this reprint into a deluxe 500th anniversary treatment.
500th Anniversary Edition Enhancements include:
- 6 brand new cards added to the deck, including Thomas More, Thomas Cromwell, Rough Wooing, and Imperial Coronation.
- Revisions to over 15 existing cards including Copernicus, Master of Italy, and Machiavelli to allow for more exciting in-game play and additional possibilities for diplomatic deals.
- A new Chateau construction table is now used to resolve France's Patron of the Arts home card plays.
- Several Virgin Queen rule updates are incorporated back into Here I Stand, affecting minor power activation, piracy, spice trading, and foreign wars.
Here I Stand Game Components:
- Four and a half full-color counter sheets
- 116 Strategy Cards
- One 22"x34" Mounted Mapsheet
- Player Aid Cards (11"x17" & 8.5"x11")
- Rules/Scenario Book
- One ten-sided die